Mike Rivers

Default Help with my Ghidra console/ NEVE/API/Trident etc

In article writes:

Well, I've owned all of the modules (except the Focusrites and ssl's)
before and really liked them all, but each one did its own thing
different of course, So I thought "hell, just build a console of all
of my favorite modules." so I could mix and match so to speak. I
figure about $25,000 on the modules at prices I would buy them for and
maybe $5000-10,0000 for the "mixer". Really the mixer isn't much more
than a line mixer with say 4 mono and 1 stereo aux send(for foldback)
and a talkback/control room section.

This is just what the Millenia Mixing Suite is - a line level mixer
for BYOP (bring your own preamps). In fact, I believe I read something
that John LaGrou (Mr. Millenia Media) wrote about the potential for an
interface specification for console modules so that you could build a
frame and plug in preamps, equalizers, and dynamics processors from
various manufacturers, have them interface to a high quality, high
headroom mixer at line level, and have patch points for inserts for
other outboards.

Trouble with this idea is that, like all high end pro audio products,
it would be very expensive. There aren't enough studios buying this
sort of gear to make it worth while to do the mechanical design. So
the next best thing is a mixing surface, and you rack up the rest of
your stuff.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )