Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

Default CD player not functioning properly

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:50:28 +1100, "bassett"
wrote:

So, you think a new Pioneer or Sony DVD player will sound significantly
worse than an old CD changer--is that it, bassett? The fact is, there
will be no loss of sound quality, possibly an improvement; there will
be greater reliability and the option of playing movies. And such
players can be had for AU$100. Where's the problem, except in your
addled "mind"?

It really is quite simple, Most DVD players consentrate on the vidio
quality, and don't bother with the Audio quality, You get what you
get.

Rubbish. That was true 5 years ago. Where have you been since then?

Any CD player, has a farly good DAC,

In a budget changer? I don't think so. and budget is what we're
talking here.

The more you pay the better the
quality of the DAC, or you buy a seperate stand alone DAC.

Budget, Dumbo. Get it?

Perhaps you should define the term "old CD Player" I,ve just obtained
an old , used , Mark Levinson CD Player. And very nice it is too.

Budget.

As for Pioneer and Sony, I,ve never owned those products, or though I
did compair a Pioneer Plasma agains't a Fujitsu once.

Budget.

Next question.

What do you use for a brain?