Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default CD player not functioning properly

"gperkins151" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Yamaha CD player (CDC-585) that can't be more than 6 years
old.

Today it took longer than usual to read a couple of discs and then
started playing them from the middle of the disk!
These discs once played fine on my player and yes, the disc plays fine
on another player.

Does this mean my CD player will soon stop functioning?

If you try the cleaning advice given earlier, and you continue to have
problems...then most likely you have a problem in the servo system or the
logic chip. These are not uncommon problems with cd and dvd transports, and
can usually be handled by an authorized repair station or repairman.
Whether or not it is economical to have it repaired is a another question.
If it were me in that situation, I would not hesitate to buy a new player,
probably a Universal or SACD/CD player that also handled CD-Rs, CD-RW's,
MP3, and WMEs.