Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default DIY interconnects.

Mr.T wrote:
"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
A connector needs to connect. A cable needs to conduct, and have
shielding where appropriate. Good enough is good enough.

Whilst I hate the "magic cable" attitude, I do believe there is a huge
difference in long term performance between the crappiest cables on
the market, and higher quality ones. The difference is as much
mechanical as electrical, but to be "good enough" often requires more
than just some conductivity and minimal shielding.
Fortunately it doesn't require large amounts of cash though, as some
sellers would have you believe.

I'd say 90% is 'mechanical'.

geoff