Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default DIY interconnects.

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message

A connector needs to connect. A cable needs to conduct, and have
shielding where appropriate. Good enough is good enough.

Whilst I hate the "magic cable" attitude, I do believe there is a huge
difference in long term performance between the crappiest cables on the
market, and higher quality ones. The difference is as much mechanical as
electrical, but to be "good enough" often requires more than just some
conductivity and minimal shielding.
Fortunately it doesn't require large amounts of cash though, as some sellers
would have you believe.

You can get very nice RCA 'interconnects' on ebay for a few pounds each. They
use decent quality cable and connectors.

e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HQ-Pro-Signal-...QQcmdZViewItem

Graham