Bob Cain

Brian wrote:
I have a BOSE Acoustimass 7 (3 saterlite speakers and bass speaker) I
brought this for surround sound. I have two BOSE VS100 small sized
speakers at the back of the room, near the ceiling.

I read in a article that the frequency range is:
Base module 46Hz to 202Hz at +-2.3dB
Satellites 280Hz to 13.3k Hz at +-10.5 dB
Can someone who has tested these speaker confirm that this is the
frequency range.
There seems to be gaps at
20Hz to 46 Hz
202Hz to 280Hz and
13.3k Hz to 20K Hz.

How did you do this measurement? If in a room that allows
reflections, the gaps could be destructive interrerence from
objects (like walls) in the room. In that case,
equalization is your enemy because in trying to compensate
one point you can drive other points to absurd levels.

The only way to clear a room of these modal problems is to
make it anechoic and most people don't seem to like listen
to reproduction in that situation.

If you don't have an anechoic room for measurement, I
suggest using the out of doors, in a clearing, on a calm
day, with the speakers on their backs on the ground pointing
up and the mic suspened a couple of meters above. Use a
flat measurement mic. Behringer makes one that is very
inexpensive and has been found to be quite good for such things.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein