Joseph Oberlander

Brian wrote:
I have a BOSE Acoustimass 7 (3 saterlite speakers and bass speaker) I
brought this for surround sound. I have two BOSE VS100 small sized
speakers at the back of the room, near the ceiling.

I read in a article that the frequency range is:
Base module 46Hz to 202Hz at +-2.3dB
Satellites 280Hz to 13.3k Hz at +-10.5 dB
Can someone who has tested these speaker confirm that this is the
frequency range.
There seems to be gaps at
20Hz to 46 Hz
202Hz to 280Hz and
13.3k Hz to 20K Hz.

Correct. It's no better than most computer speakers. Not
surprizing considering the 2 inch speakers.

I recently brought a sub woofer to try and full in the gap at the low
frequency range. The sub woofer is 28Hz to 200Hz.

It's a woofer. That's right - the woofers for the system are
put in a little box. A subwoofer won't do anything to fix this
as the fundamental problem is the cheap satellites. 2 inches is
a dreadful compromize. It's not a woofer, it's not a tweeter.

Unfortunately, your only recourse is to sell the system(they
seem to get a good price used, though), and get a proper
home stereo system. Or at least, a proper "home theatre in
a box" setup.