Default How do I test my 5-year-old battery with a digital multi voltmeter for replacement?

"FogHornLegHorn" wrote in message
. ..
5 years old?

Why go thru the trouble.... it appears this battery has served you very
well.... replace it.

FHLH

Yep I replaced the battery after thinking about how long it's been since the
last swap.

Anyways the install went somewhat smoothly...aside from the rusty bolt that
held the battery in place snapped. I think I may have taken care of the
dimming headlights while bumpin.

Thanks

wrote in message

My battery seems to be dying an awfully lot lately if I leave my

interior
lights on for a few hours while working or if I listen to my tunes with

the
motor off.My battery is about 5 years or so, how log is the life span of

standard battery with and without a little bump?

I here auto zone will test your battery for free. I have a digital multi
voltmeter so I figure I can do it myself without letting some punk kid
seeing the # 0 gauge cable I have running back to my rear of my van. I

can't
be sure but don't you just check for voltage drop?

I checked the Sears web site to find a recommended battery for my van

and
they said I needed a 100 AMP replacement. If I chose to upgrade what

size
should I get to increase playtime with the engine off. I'm not

interested
in
getting a second battery; I am very limited on space this is for a work

van.
Can someone kindly recommend some good brands/models of battery's and

are
there any specific brands/models I should stay clear of ?

Thanks for any help