Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default [OT] Odd speed fluctuation when streaming to car

mako wrote: "I wonder if the system was not well designed for VBR MP3 files.

Can you try to compare the results using VBR vs CBR MP3 files? "

Great suggestion! If Tobiah still owns his car with BT enabled
stereo he should try that.

I noticed that too, when playing CDs with mp3 files on a CD player
that can play those disks, occasionally it has a hard time with VBR
files. Remember, CD players are looking for a sampling rate to
control their inner clock so the disc plays back at the correct speed -
without stuttering or pitch/tempo changes/Mickey Mouse effect, etc.

We all know that value - 44.1kHz. That's precisely 44,100 Hertz, not
44,099 or 44,100.3. Sometimes, even on a newer CD player that
can play back mp3s off a disc, something other than desired, is
heard. !