Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Will home recording kill commercial studios?

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/15/2020 8:42 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
There is now a small eternity of Neve 1073 and 1083 modules, many in
500 buss form factor. That's a lot less real estate than a console.

That's obvious, and there's nothing preventing me from adding some to my
console if I want them. But a rack full of 500 series modules doesn't
give me faders and pans, multiple out buses, monitor control, and an
organized work space.

If you want a console, you'll make room for a console. If you use lack
of space as an excuse not to get a console if you want one, then you
don't one badly enough.

Consoles never really worked their way into my work flow. I'd rather use
the space for something else.

That's all.

--
Les Cargill