Engineer

"scott" wrote in message
One of my personal favorites...oh yeah....these look like a good
investment...not!

Tekna Sonic C-5 BookShelf Speaker Enhancer - Pair $79.95

Even the finest speakers have cabinet vibrations that make bass
notes muddy
or boomy, and distort the midrange. Now Tekna Sonic offers a simple
solution
guaranteed to improve bass and midrange clarity. C-5 vibration
absorbers
feature an array of polymer damping plates - selectively tuned to
frequencies in the 20-1kHz range - which attach magnetically to the
back of
the speaker cabinet.

Hmm... I've never heard of these things but large enough lead weights
screwed onto the mid-point of front, top and sides of cheap speakers
would definitely lower the fundamental "oil can" mode of cabinet
vibration. Of course, they would look awful... g
Solution: brace inside properly.
Cheers,
Roger