Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Keith Hughes Keith Hughes is offline

Default Technics SB-E200 speakers

Jerome wrote:
Snip

a visual timeline (start half-way down the page starting with the SB-4500):
http://measurements.hi-fi.ru/gallery...ics/ls70s.html

Intersting, but I don't see the SB-4500a's there. The "a" models had
the beveled tweeter enclosure like the SB-5000 pictured just below the
4500's.

I've only ever met two other people in 25+ years who recognized them, and
even had a pair. One was a friend who had both the boxy and horned styles
and got me interested in the other pair that was in town.

I've lugged them through a dozen moves or more and always wonder why until I
unpack them and fire them up again.

Anyone out there still running a pair (or more)?

I ran the SB-4500's for about 10 - 11 years, until 1987 when I switched
for a pair of B&W DM-1600's (which I still have - along with 4 other
pairs of B&W's strewn about - in my office). The friend I sold the
SB-4500's to is still using them, and still loves them.

Keith Hughes