Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio

Default LAME conversion to MP3

On 20/02/2020 12:00, lid wrote:
On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 09:56:39 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:

On 19/02/2020 22:19,
lid wrote:

Yes, I want good audio quality, to allow people to hear on the MP3 the
same words which are on the source WAV.

To be honest, the only way I can tell what is being said on either file
wile listening on the laptop speakers is by reading the text.

Do the two files sound the same? Can you detect any loss of quality
between the source WAV and destination MP3?

You might try using earphones, that will aid comprehension.

By the way, I just opened your original .wav file in Adobe Audition, and
it was a compressed file anyway before you started processing it.

Filename: x.wav
Folder: F:\Downloads\a-mp3 (1)
File Type: 48000Hz, 16-bit, Mono
Uncompressed Size: 374.71 KB (383,708 bytes)
File Format: ACM Waveform
Microsoft ACM: IMA ADPCM
Size on Disk: 94.05 KB (96,316 bytes)
Last Written (local): 2/20/2020 12:53:29.780
Length: 0:03.996
191,854 samples

This page explains what it has already done to your original recording.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ession-manager

Not all .wav files are uncompressed, or even the same format if not
compressed.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.