Posted to rec.audio.pro
Annie C. Gilbert Annie C. Gilbert is offline

Default One of my Marantz PMD670 keeps giving me "FULL_CARD" error message

Hi there!

I have been using using 2 Marantz PMD670 for a while now, with a bunch of different CF cards (4Gb, 1Gb, 512Mb). All was working fine until yesterday, when one machine just stopped letting me record, and instead is giving me the "FULL_CARD" error message. Of note, when I feed the machine an empty card, it does recognize the card as blank, but when I try to start a recording, it tells me that the card is full... The playback functions work alright, it recognizes and plays the samples I record on the other machine, but will not let me record new ones.

For now I don't know if this is related to this specific CF since I only have the 4Gb available these days (the others are being used offsite). I tried re-formatting the card in different formats on the computer (FAT, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT), and reformatting using my other Marantz PMD670, but nothing worked...

Note also that I tried reformatting the card using the non-recording machine and it just keeps crashing (the display gets stuck on "EXECUTING 100%", never makes it to "done"). I tried letting it do its thing for a while, thinking it might just be super slow, but it did not finish off even after 30 minutes (!!).

Any idea what else I could try?