Posted to rec.audio.tech
isw isw is offline

Default Digitiser

In article , "Trevor"
wrote:

"isw" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
Dieter Britz wrote:
I have bought a Behringer UCA 122 audio digitiser,
nice little gadget. I connected it to my PC and it
spent some time installing - something - which however
didn't appear on the screen as an icon. A Behringer
adviser (someone in India) tells me I should use Audacity
"or the like" to use the digitiser, but I cannot see
how I can tell Audacity to take the signal from the
UCA thing.

Does anyone out there have experience with the Behringer
thing and can give me some advice?

Don't know about PCs, but on a Mac, if you look in Audacity's
Preferences, you see "Devices", and from there you can select any
installed Recording source. Of course, this assumes the Behringer thing
is properly installed.

The Behringer doesn't even need drivers (unless you want to use ASIO4ALL),
and automatically installs itself in Windows.

My guess is that if the drivers are already there, they came as a part
of the OS install. That's pretty common; I know Apple does it that way.

Isaac