Sander deWaal

Default Directly connecting Bose Acoustimass speakers

"Jason Morman" said:

Hi there, I'm looking to buy some Bose Acoustimass Direct/Reflecting
dual cube arrays off of eBay. My question is whether it's possible to
directly connect these to a receiver? Ie. I wont have the base module
to connect the cubes through.

IIRC, the older models used 200 Hz crossovers.
I'd use some film (or bipolar electrolytic) capacitors of an
appropriate value in series with the speakers.
When an electronic crossover is used, low frequency thumps and plops
from the power amp still can ruin those tiny sattelites.
Using series caps will prevent that.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005