Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default audio compressor/ limiter for car

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 8:58:03 AM UTC-4, wrote:
JackA wrote: "t this in last post!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...thislove-x.mp3

Jack"

Where'd you pull THAT off of... a TELEVISION SPEAKER?!

Good LORD, big fat censor 15 seconds in, scratchy grainy
audio. Near ZERO stereo separation compared to my 'Songs
about Jane' CD. Not good for your credibility around here.

Just trying to emulate what Geoff and John appreciate! :-)
I KNOW it sounds foul. I'm grateful for whatever I can find that is "uncommon" to US Top 40.
While I found (4) different mixes of the song, two of which I like, I have never heard the (studio?) ending as heard here!

Per your prior comment: Most engineers are paid to bring
the artist's(or producer or label's) wishes to life - even if they
go against every last grain of that engieer's existence, education,
and core principles. Engineers can also target their core
clients, as does Bob Katz.

Bob's updated book...
"New Chapters focus on loudness measurement and normalization, which all audio engineers working in the 21st century need to know".
Just tossed that in there for you.
So, Maroon 5 brings that song to Bob Katz, Bob listens to the home recording. Does Bob tell them the truth that is sounds like poo, or is he more interested in making money and not about maintaining his audio reputation, and agrees to mix and send it out the door?

Jack