Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keoki Keoki is offline

Default TC VoiceLive 2 or Eventide H3000 for vocal?

I figured out why the second chip did not "come in". It's the pad I severed per the upgrade instructions. (Yep, the "lifted" one.) I soldered it back to the adjacent pad to which the severed line used to go, and pronto - all the presets are back and everything works as before.

And that's when I put this H3000 back up on eBay where it came from pronto, and call it a K.O. win for the TC VoiceLive 2. A H3000 can't MIDI pitch shift polyphonically, done deal. Question settled.