normanstrong

Default The Audio Critic

"lcw999" wrote in message
news:OfG7c.59390$Cb.900450@attbi_s51...

I don't think some "required" burn-in is the issue here. I

have
detected silibance change from a slightly "metalllic"

quality on
certain recording of some female voices. Current measuring
processes do not address this issue. Therefore, it does

not
exist. I don't buy this. Illogic prevails here. Therefore

the
tendency to indicate that an individual is "imagining"

this!
Sorry we haven't the tools yet to "measure" or

numericalize all
this...in time we will. In the meantime, be happy in your

work
and pass all this off as some kind of "mass imagination"

of
millions! Great ploy if one can get away with it. Why do I

feel
that I'm wasting my time here?

Probably because you ARE wasting your time here. Certainly so if you
expect to persuade me or Mr. Chung that there is something that can be
heard but not measured. The reason the "ear is the final arbiter" is
not because the ear is so remarkably sensitive, but because the ear is
the participant that's going to fork over the dough.

Norm Strong