Nousaine

Default The Audio Critic

"Bob Marcus"
wrote:

lcw999 wrote:

....snip to specific content......

This has to do with not being able to measure some phenomenon!
Therefore, it does not exist.

Who said that? No one but you. If you must invent ludicrous assertions in
order to have something to argue against, then I would agree with your
statement elsewhere that you are wasting your time here.

Now, look closely at what Chung actually did say: "There is no physical
property of the cable that requires burn-in to achieve a superior (whatever
that is) state." If you'd care to argue with that statement, you might do so
constructively in one of two ways:

1) You could suggest some physical property of cables that affects
audibility and *does* require burn-in.

2) You could demonstrate in some objective fashion that you are not merely
imagining some difference between a mint-condition cable and a burned-in
version of same. Since you have already read at least one psychoacoustics
textbook, we can assume you know how to carry out such a demonstration.

He could demonstrate that in a "subjective" fashion with a replicable
bias-controlled listening test.

You have done neither of those things. Instead, you have invented a
non-existent debating partner who keeps bringing up "measurement." And you
argue that because Chung has not solved all the problems of particle
physics, his knowledge of anything can be dismissed. That's a bit like
saying that because we haven't figured out what dark energy is, we can't say
that the earth revolves around the sun.

bob

I find it interesting that the only acoustical phenomena (IKO) that cannot be
electrically or acoustically "measured" and IS truly audible (with replicable
experimentation) is phantom imaging and data reduction.

That's it; even after a hundred years of research. And now we're supposed to
believe that every new "tweak" that hasn't been verified falls just below our
measurement threshold ... forgetting that those phenomena CAN BE verified with
controlled listening tests.