Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default I need a way to stop my computer's noise

karl wrote:
I have looked at boxes that you put your computer in to stop noise, but
they are very expensive. I was thinking of putting the actual computer
outside the room. I know that you would need something to amplify the
monitor signal though. Are these devices cheap and where can I find
them?

The ones that actually buffer the data are expensive, but you may not
need one. There are low capacitance monitor cables that can be run
upwards of 25 feet without serious degradation. It'll be more expensive
than a Chinese off-the-rack monitor cable, but cheaper than one of
those gizmos that transmits the data upeards of 500 feet through
Ethernet cable.

You'll probably also want to extend the keyboard and mouse, but those
are low bandwidth devices and shouldn't have any problems with
extension cables.