Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] westpase-he_ac@hotmail.com is offline

Default Question: Impedance matching: adapter for onnecting 8 ohm headphones to modern MP3 player

Good Music wrote:

Don't even bother. Many headphones claiming to be 8 ohms aren't anyway !

Just connect it and see if it sounds ok. You won't hurt anything and in
any case
a new pair of headphones will be the cheapest and best option if you're
not
happy with the results anyway.

Graham

Thanks Graham, but I'm actually pretty intent on finding a way to
specifically use this specific old set of 8-ohm headphones, though I don't
want to "short out" my expensive MP3 player's amp. The reason is these were
my grandad's headphones - I just like them and am set on using them,
whatever kind of adapter I have to make :-)

Perhaps you could find the receiver that your grand dad used and
and feed your MP3 player into it on an AUX. input.
Headphones have the right feed and player sees a load.
JMTCW