Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Bose 201 Series II

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Trevor Wilson wrote:

**Just whack a 070 PolyswitchT in place of the lamp you'll be sweet.
There might be a slightly noticeable increase in HF, but I doubt it.
The
Polyswitch will last a very long time.

The Polyswitch guys actually do/did an app note on tweeter/driver
protection inluding using bulbs as well ! Polyswitches on their own
tend not

'reset' very well you see, whereas bulbs do.

**Incorrect. PolyswitchesT 'reset' just fine. They simply require the
user
to reduce levels going to the driver/s.

That's the whole point ! The user rarely does that.

**Doesn't bother me in the slightest. The user stops destroying tweeters.
That is the aim.

Get the app note !

**I'll look at it sometime.

--