Patrick Turner

at wrote:

Hello,

What things should be considered to choose the best output transformer for a
given tube and situation?

If low output impedance is important for good speaker damping and control,
why won't all amps just use output transformers with the biggest possible
primary winding impedance? That would give the biggest output transformer
impedance ratio and lowest output impedance of the amp.

Since it doesn't seem to be this way, what other considerations are there?
Tube type, Plate voltage, etc?

If I wanted to make a class A push-pull power triode amp with a 300B output
tube, run at 400V Vp, what would be the best output transformer primary
impedance to use, secondary impedance is going to be 4ohms.

Thanks!

-at

Learn to do load line analysis, and you will be able to
calculate all the impedances you will ever want.

At the moment, you show you know almost nothing and have a steep
learning curve to climb.

But you could start by reading a few books.

And when you try to build an amp, get back to us
about your problems.

But I can tell you that transforming audio voltages follow the same impedance
rules mentioned in the basic information in the theory books which you should
read
and study.

There is quite a lot on the WWW, so try doing a google search....

Patrick Turner.