Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Impulse responce

On 9/09/2020 12:29 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:
On 8/09/2020 12:16 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
cedricl wrote:
I'll look for sox. Is it a Mac app too? Thanks.

It's straight C with no clunky gui, so it builds on just about any system
including mac.

It's an absolute lifesaver. It will join, split, and do format conversions.
The sample rate converter is acceptable.

I recently had a couple hundred .wav files that were recorded with split
channels because that was the default on the Tascam recorder. One command
turns them all into stereo wav files. Another command creates normalized
mp3 encoded versions for bands to audition. So much easier than having
to do it all one at a time in the daw.

About as easy as a script in Sound Forge then.\

Pretty much the same, except not proprietary. A lot of DAWs have scripting
languages built into them because the underlying operating system has fallen
down on the job.
--scott

No. Scripting functions built into them in order to use the applications
own propriety functions using its own code, and that of hosted plugins.

Of course one could exit to an OS command line to do all sorts of things
if they were implemented, but if a dedicated fundamentalist and you
could do everything that way in the OS itself, what would be the point
of having applications ?

geoff