Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anything to say on Speakons

On 7/21/2020 6:58 PM, Phil Allison wrote:

** One word -*microphones*.

I'm a generalist. I know what works for all balanced connections but I
don't know what works for all microphones.

On a theoretical level, even backed up by measurements, your unique
setup might be better than what's been convention for a long time. You
can build it, but you probably couldn't sell it.

And on the "balanced" scene, things are getting better. Higher and
higher data rates are getting us more accurate twisted pairs than in the
past. Also, active inputs and outputs such as those from THAT Corp are
more accurate than transformers.