Posted to rec.audio.car
Tom[_4_] Tom[_4_] is offline

Default Max. size of USB flash-drive for car decks?

flak_monkey wrote in
:

this is great to know. Were you to use a really fast flash drive, i bet
that the media would access even faster.

It's USB 2.0 and so is the deck. The only lag is when it initially loads
for about 15 seconds; same as on my PC. After that it responds quickly
enough. RW & FF on my deck is silent, and for some reason the remote only
lets you skip whole tracks. Small price to pay for this new convenience.

The toughest part is deciding how to group 3,000+ tracks logically. I
downloaded an app called "Directory Lister" that helps you make custom
printouts of file and folder names. Save as HTML for best (vertical) text
density, then paste into a word processor and use columns and a small font.
Folder names alone are a good reference if you forget what song you're
after.

Tom