Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bart

Default Triode Electronics DynaClone

In article ,
says...
Has anyone tested the DynaClone transformers that Triode Electronics sells?
Does anyone know who their really made by?
Someone around Chicago but I would like to know who.

Any Info?

I've ordered 2 c-354 chokes and a PA-060 power transformer from there.
The construction is high quality. The power transformer is taller than
the one it replaces and gets almost as hot as the one it replaces on my
ST-70 Amp. The wires from the power transformer are teflon coated and a
bit hard to work with being of a stiffer construction than the original
plastic with cloth coating ones.

Would I recommend the transformers from Triode as replacement units for
existing Dynaco Equipment? Yes. They're better than the original wound
ones that are sold on Ebay for almost the same price. I honestly don't
know what the "boutique heads" are thinking about the "magical"
properties of cloth covered wiring.

Just my opinion...