Tim Perry

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Tim Perry wrote:

having lived through an era where 125 W/ch car stereo amps were often

sold
with 2 amp fuses to the 13.8 volt inputs i sometimes get a bit skeptical
when specs seem too good to be true.

Through it? I don't think that era is over yet. Except perhaps in that
they are now sold as 500 W/ch amps....

so if i had it to phrase over again i think i would say: i wonder if

there
is some way to derive or extrapolate a resonably accurate measurement of

THD
with such poor and substandard test gear as i have managed to aquire.

(i
suspect the answer is no way in heck, but one can hope)

It is easy to measure THD at high levels. And at low levels, measuring

THD
isn't very useful.

And if you want to buy an HP 334B distortion test set, I have one in need
of some repair work that I am considering putting up on Ebay.

i used to have a tube type HP. cant remember the model. used it as a noch
filter one time to null a buzz out of a phone line.

had a HP333 at another place. i sure like the autonull in my Potomac. it
has a handy freq counter built in too!