Mike Rivers

In article writes:

** Mr Kesti made a **totally wrong** claim - so I posted the facts.

I don't remember his claim, but I don't see any relevance of your
"facts" to the subject of "mixers." Anyway ....

" ** Most equipment specs represent typical figures found by measurement
on
samples - unless otherwise specified. "

Mr Kesti then showed us that he **cannot read** by quoting specs with "
better than " and "greater than" in the wording.

If you hang around the industry and perhaps have worked for a
manufacturer or two, you might be shocked to discover that the
published specifications - those that you see in advertising copy and
instruction manuals - usually start with specifications given to the
Engineering department by the Marketing department. The engineering
department tries to build something to meet those specifications, and
measures their engineering builds and early production units to
confirm that they aren't arguably too far from those specifications.
Those which cannot be met by any of the units tested, under any
conditions (rarely specified) and by any measurement methods (ditto)
are usually changed for the final published copy.

You might also be shocked to find that if there are any production
tests done to specification, that the production specification is not
the same as the design specification.

Now you may consider a couple of early units "samples" but that's not
what I call samples. It's rare that a company will take, say, every
50th mixer off the production line, put it through a battery of tests,
and confirm that it meets design specs. They do this by assumption
based on their parts suppliers' testing where they actually do sample
some ICs from a production run, test them, and if they don't meed
specifications, scrap the lot and figure out why.

Go get a real job and you'll see how it's actually done.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )