Sanitarium

Default Nakamichi vs Infinity speakers

Resist the urge to buy things based upon what name is labeled on the
product. Its nice to say "I have an all Nak system"... sounds cool,
But in reality thats not may not be the best approach.
Know that there are only 6-7 bulk speaker manufacturers in the world
today, so in reality there are more similarities than differences. (ever
wonder why they all have identical cast baskets and magnet/motor
structure?). Whichever sub you choose, use the TS params to design your
enclosure. IMHO a mid-grade subwoofer in a properly designed / tuned
enclosure will outperform a high end sub in a poorly designed
enmclosure. An entry level sub in a properly designed enclosure will
outperform a high end sub in a VERY poorly designed enclosure.

Spend your time researching the small obscure brands as well as
RF/MTX/Boston/Kicker...etc...

I heard a pair of resonant engineering 10"s and was floored at both the
DBs and SQ. The dayton DSQ is supposed to be a very good sub. If cost
is no object, go with JL W7's.

Garrett

volk125 wrote:

Going to get my next car soon that's going to be a keeper.
Therefore planning to get a very nice sound system in it,
that blow the doors off the car not only with bass but with quality.
However the sub I am considering this time is going to be 10" with
lots of power to it and and a huge magnet. 12" is too boomy not clear or
clean
bass at all.

I wanna get Nakamichi everything. CD deck, amps, speakers and sub.
I know that the deck I am getting for sure and amps .
The only thing I am thinking about whether the speakers should be Nakamichi
as well.
I heard a lot of good things about Infinity speakers. So I need your expert
advice and input
people. Tell me what's best and what I will not regret buying.

email at
or post here