Eddie Runner

Default THE PROOF IS IN! Facing subs towards driver or away

dont take anyones word for it.
try it for yourself, its easy and you may hear
a difference, alot of folks do...

Eddie Runner

eidsvikDM wrote:

Now, I'm fairly new to car audio and my family budget often hold me
back from getting some of the top line products but I'm learning alot
from reading these forums. I too have been experimenting with my 2
12's and placement. I found this thread to be of interest. Just from
looking at the pictures here it appears that this single sub when
faced toward the front is crammed up against the back of the rear
seat. Seems that, with my limited knowledge, that this type of
placement guarantees the rear firing sub to win. How can a bass note
develop in the little bit of air traped between the cone and the back
of the seat. Always reading here wanting to learn more but sometimes
hit something like this and get confused. Did somebody just spend
ALOT of time with this test just to muddy the water around this
debate?