Jenn

Default Heaven!

Jenn wrote:
So, after a week of living with the Clearaudio TT/arm/cartridge, I love
it more and more. The sound that I am getting from my records is just
so effortless and easy... like a good concert hall. I just put on
several CDs, and I just don't get that with them. The timbres are
thinner and less life-like. I wish that it were the other way around,
but it's not. If this is due to "euphonic distortion", bring on more of
it!

I had some superb LP equipment. If I never hear another LP in my life,
that will be too soon..

I hate LPs!

Compression. Inner-groove distortion. Pops. Ticks. Rumble. Wow.
Flutter.

Good riddance!

If it weren't for the number of recordings available only on CD (the
vast majority, of course), and the fact that they play in the car, I
would pretty much say "good riddance" to CDs. The screechy violins.
The lifeless voices. The Bach trumpets that sound like Getzens. Yuck.