Default Heaven!

wrote in message
Hi Scott,

Your response hear makes me think of something.

Objectivists *expect* to hear vinyl as less true to life since that is
the way it measures.

It's not an expectation, it's simply the way it is and has always been
from
the very first digital recording I ever heard, classical by the way. At
56
years old I grew up listening to LP's, so it's not like I never hear them
or
only had brief exposure to them. But the very fist time I ever heard a
CD I
knew ho badly LP sucked.

And, yes, they agree vinyl has a specific *sound*
to it--and the words they choose to describe this sound *always* imply
something unlife-like or lower fidelity to the master tape. Meanwhile,
other people use words to describe the "sound of vinyl" which imply
*greater* fidelity to life. This simple fact has never been
acknowledged by the objectivists--not *one* has ever been able to
repeat back the way I describe vinyl without substituting their own
words. My challenge stands: to any objectivist, repeat how I've
described vinyl in your own words without distorting my meaning.

It would be unreasonable to call LP more lifelike when it is so vastly
inferior in cpaturing dynamic range and so full of noise, and speed
variations.

It would be unreasonable to call CD more lifelike when it is so vastly
inferior at conveying the musician's intentions.

Which musicians are not involved in the mixing process of their work?

I challenge you to show even a glimmer of understanding of what I mean
by that.

You can't mean anything by that, since it would mean that the musicans are
not involved in the mixdown process.

One hopes that the musicians intent is to present as lifelike a presentation
of his/her work as possible. CD conveys that you are there feeling much
better, IMO. I know there are some musicans who prefer analog recordings to
digital, but for music with any sort of dynamics it makes no sense to me.

Then there's the issue of generation loss that would come from analog
recordings, unless transferred to a digital medium, they will deteriorate.
Tranfering to a digital medium means you have an exact copy that can be
copied endless times.

Enjoy what you like, I do.