t.hoehler

I have to agree with the sentiments here about collectables,
but one reason I don't bother collecting many AM radios is their
poor sound, and to improve them, you have to modify them,
and I do just that if there is no other way to repair them,
and if an owner is happy about it.
Hopefully they'll run well for another 50 years, and the next repairist
will have to make similar decisions I have.

Which leads me to the question, will there be any AM stations to listen to
in fifty years? And, after reading and looking over Randy's excellent story
about the 5 KW AM transmitter, I wonder, will all postings like his just be
a memory in fifty years? If so, the future generation will be missing out on
a great deal of old, but really cool technology.

Regards to all,
Tom