William Sommerwerck

It's a piece of audio crap that distorts the signal into mush.

You have obviously never heard one, Charlie.

When I reviewed the Sonic Hologram Generator almost 20 years ago, I played some
of my own master tapes through it, and discovered that what came out was much
closer to what I heard standing at the microphone. That is, the spatiality was
significantly more-accurately rendered.

I bought a used one a few years ago and occasionally use it in my Krell-Apogee
system, mostly to enhance recordings that sound fairly natural to begin with.
(Which is very, very few.) It most assuredly does _not_ muck up the sound.

The SHG's effect is wholly dependent on the recording. But it's worth owning for
occasional use with recordings that benefit from it.