Brandon Buckner

Default XM and wire windows

Has anybody tried using XM behind windows with the wire mesh inside of
them? Or more specifically, has anyone found a way around it?

I've got an XMPCR unit that I'd like to activate but my south-facing
office windows are all filled with a wire mesh. I get no signal to speak
of. Once in a blue moon the indicator will jump to about 1/4 signal
strength, but I don't get any sound and it drops off after a few seconds.

I've considered getting the signal amplifier XM has, but thats another
$40 for something that may or may not work. Anyone have experience with
this? XM just claims "it may not work with wiremesh windows" and thats
all they'll say.

Brandonb