Carlos

Default Transient response of actively filtered speakers

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com wrote in message ...
Carlos,

I have severe room interaction problems

No matter what speakers you use and in what room you put them, there will
always be problems unless the room is properly treated. However, large rooms
generally have fewer low frequency problems than small rooms. How large is
your room?

--Ethan

It's large but squareish (4.6 x 5.5 x 2.5 m), maybe that's the
problem. I have physically tried two possible arrangements and then
simulated in LspCAD all the other "reasonable" ones (i.e. the ones
that will allow me to keep all my furniture), and there's always a big
valley at the listening position, so I think the best solution is the
sub. At its intended spot it will blend very well with the room gain
and will give me a very flat and extended response. Besides, I love
building stuff, so I've got the perfect excuse.

Carlos