Derek

Default Playing cassettes on car radio CD systems

There are some new technologies that are quite a bit better sound quality
wise than what you can get with tapes and FM transmissions. You may wish to
buy a head unit that plays MP3 formatted songs and burn CD's with those MP3
songs (you can even use on some head units read/write CDs (CDRW) so that you
can burn a cd and later change what's on there). With high quality
selections in creating MP3 songs you can usually get around 100 songs on a
CD - maybe around 3 hours. I burn my mp3 cd's organized by artist and on an
Alpine CDA-7995 for example one touch of a button moves you along from one
artist to the next, or another button moves you sequentially from song to
song. Also, random play within an artist group or across the whole 100
songs is possible. Last, with ID tags that are part of MP3 format, some
head units will scroll that ID tag across the screen so you see a text
message of the artist's name/album/song title. Great fun, and sonically
miles better than tape.

Derek

"gordon-oga" wrote in message
s.com...
I have a new car with a CD autochanger instead of a cassette radio which
cannot be fitted because of there is an integrated SatNav system which
needs a CD player. I record cassette tapes off home radio and want to
play them in the car. I have tried an Arkon Sound Feeder which uses a
walkman cassette feeding into the Sound Feeder which then sends a FM
signal to the radio. The radio needs to be tuned into an unused
frequency.

Could I record onto CD's instead? Tapes give me 2 hours each; CDs only
give just over an hour.

Problems a
(1) Sound Feeder solution is messy with the walkman and the sound
feeder wired together and powered from the 12V socket and usually ends
up on the passenger seat.
(2) Most of the the FM channels are used so it is difficult to tune
in.
(3) The frequency control onthe Sound Feeder to tune in to the radio
seems to drift and needs occasional adjutment.

Ideally I would like to install a separate car radio cassette (or
cassette only if available) feeding into the pre-amp via an auxiliary
input of the factory installed system. Otherwise an input from a
walkman cassette, again into an auxiliary input on the installed
system?

Anyone got any solutions?
--
gordon-oga