gordon-oga

Default Playing cassettes on car radio CD systems

I have a new car with a CD autochanger instead of a cassette radio whic
cannot be fitted because of there is an integrated SatNav system whic
needs a CD player. I record cassette tapes off home radio and want t
play them in the car. I have tried an Arkon Sound Feeder which uses
walkman cassette feeding into the Sound Feeder which then sends a F
signal to the radio. The radio needs to be tuned into an unuse
frequency.

Could I record onto CD's instead? Tapes give me 2 hours each; CDs onl
give just over an hour.

Problems a
(1) Sound Feeder solution is messy with the walkman and the soun
feeder wired together and powered from the 12V socket and usually end
up on the passenger seat.
(2) Most of the the FM channels are used so it is difficult to tun
in.
(3) The frequency control onthe Sound Feeder to tune in to the radi
seems to drift and needs occasional adjutment.

Ideally I would like to install a separate car radio cassette (o
cassette only if available) feeding into the pre-amp via an auxiliar
input of the factory installed system. Otherwise an input from
walkman cassette, again into an auxiliary input on the installe
system?

Anyone got any solutions
-
gordon-og
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=16474