Mike Rivers

In article writes:

Just another newbie question. I see some using them and others not.

If you have pops, use a pop-stopper. If you don't, then you don't need
one. Some vocalists know how to sing or speak without plosives, others
need a little help.

And yes, not all pop-stoppers are alike. Some work a lot better than
others. With some singers, just a little is all you need so "a piece
of panty hose over a coat hanger worked fine for me" might well be
true. You can make one for next to nothing, buy commercially made
onees for $20 - $60, and here's one for $130 that's really, really
impressive in its ability to block a puff of air:

http://www.lasvegasproaudio.com/pasu.html

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )