Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Ampex ATR100 repair

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message news
Gareth Magennis wrote:

how do you get the input/output modules out of the rack above the machine?

On the far right of each I/O panel, in the center of the righthand side, is
a hole with a hex screw inside it. Put the right hex tool (it's not the
same
one used for the head adjustments) in, and unscrew the screw as far as it
will
go. It's captive but at some point it just rattles around.

Then grab both knobs and pull hard and it will pop out. It is held in only
by the edge card connector but if it's been a decade since it was last
pulled
the connector might be kind of sticky. Cramolin it before you put it back
in
and next time will be easier.

Scott, quick question if I may be lazy but perhaps learn something I
wouldn't otherwise ....

This is a 2 track machine, but it doesn't output the Sync signal on either
side, though the logic/leds work as expected.
I realise if you are using this as a stereo recorder you would not need to
use the sync facility, but is there a sync able/disable function built in?
Or are there stereo versions and 2 track versions?

Cheers,

Gareth.