View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Resuming Music Stream After Playing A Local MP3 File.

Im looking for an audio solution to play music on a manufacturing plant while being able to interrupt the music stream from time to time, to play local MP3 files with reminders and other things.

I have implemented the solution to some extent, but I haven't found a way to resume the music stream after playing a local MP3 file. I'm using Spotify for the music stream and a program named foobar2000 with a WASAPI plugin to play the local MP3 files in exclusive mode.

So, people on the production floor listen to Spotify while working but then, at a given time, a task scheduler fires up foobar2000 which plays a local MP3 with a reminder of some sort in exclusive mode under Windows 7, so the production operators get to listen to the reminder. However, after they listen to it, they are left with only silence and someone has to walk up to the PC where Spotify is running to get it to play the music stream again.

I once had it working but instead of foobar2000 I was using Windows Media Player and after the local MP3 file played, Spotify resumed and keep on playing. The reason I had it working is because I found an article that showed how to configure Windows Media Player to use exclusive mode, but everything I get on Google searches is people saying that it can't be done, so I finally gave up.

Anybody knows how I could implement this?