Mark Zarella

Default Amps, more argument!

The purpose of the discussion is to dispell the common myth that you need to
buy a "high end" amplifier for good sound. The fact remains that a "high
end" (read: expensive) amp gives you NOTHING that a lower priced amp gives
you. In fact, there are several cases where people decline the mid-priced
amp, which has better features for that particular user, in favor of a
high-priced "high end" amp. Therefore, they're making the wrong decision.

If you don't think this is common, then you haven't hung around in here long
enough.

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
change his mind about it, he knows, or in your opinion "precieves" a
difference, and that's really all that matters.

I have to agree that Will's mind will never be changed. Moreover, there's
really almost no point to Les's side of the argument (no matter how true

it may
be or that I agree with him!). In order to prove that Les and Mark and the
others are right (which they are!) you'd need to conduct testing under
conditions that simply do not occur in the real world of car audio. Levels

do
not get matched, things do not remain constant. Clean power is clean power

and
that'll always be true, but the nature of car audio creates an environment
where sound, or at least -perceived- sound often does change from amp to

amp.
This isn't an argument about right or wrong anymore, it's an argument over
pointless bull**** between two sides who both refuse to relinquish. I'm

sorry I
started the thread, please forgive me.