Soundfreak03

Default Amps, more argument!

Try this link and tell me what you think
http://sound.westhost.com/amp-sound.htm

Well the only time he can attribute to one amp sounding different than the
other is when it is clipped. I have said all along that they sound the same
when they are not clipped and agreed that do sound different when they are. And
since his article focuses mostly on different types of distortion it is fairly
useless to the argument.
But I think this guy knows some stuff, but in the end he is stretching to find
something, much like you. By the end of the article he completey ignores the
facts of pychoacoustics and preconceived notions. He always suggests that amps
do sound different, though he admits that in proper test conditions where it is
controlled they do not. In the end he "hopes" for something that will "prove"
that amps sound different. Alas, he shall be waiting for a long time. I hope
you were not actually using that as reasons for your "amps sound different"
argument, it just makes your case look worse.

http://www.stereophile.com/features/113/

You have got to be kidding me right? You are not actually going to try and use
this for a reference. But I read it anyway. Again, he has a theory that they
sound different yet cannot refute the physics staring him in the face. But one
day physics may change and you can be happy, until then...

Les