Ivan Lopez

Default Amps, more argument!

The gain level should be set relative to your HU's line output. By saying
that the amps didn't have enough power are you therefore saying you cranked
it up beyond their ability? If so, I'm sure the amps were being pushed into
clipping delivering distorted sound and thereby generating unneccessary
heat. Heat destroys semiconductors, regardless of the circuit protection
schemes used (they are usually last ditch efforts to try and save the
system, some are better than others at stopping premature failures).
Clipping causes the amp to draw more current then necessary causing the
power supply to work beyond its means and all in all generating more heat.
In any case the user should be operating the amp within its bounds and not
overly rely on the circuit protections. It has nothing to do with the amps
but more so in how you intended to use them. It is an inaccurate statement
then to say that Kicker made crappy amps but a more accurate statement would
be that your demands were not met by those Kicker amps.

And how and where does Sony fit into this picture?

"Chuck" wrote in message
well i didn't kill them they committed suicide..the circuit protections
didn't work...(ah..the little red light didn't come on.. lol) Abuse?..Oh
you mean turning my amp up half way? I don't think so. You see I think
the amps didn't have enuff power and that made them work too hard.
100x4 is what everyone argued me to get ..i said more watt per channel
..and should have listened to myself i guess . You see i have a solo
baric and i turned it up all the way for eight years ..eh guess what it
still works fine. I bet i do find a amp thats worthy. Thanks anyway

---