Arny Krueger

Default Ignore what you hear

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Agreed. While intuition might suggest that metal domes might have
stronger high frequency response, the most popular dome-type
tweeters with the most extended response (40 KHz & beyond) have
fabric diaphragms.

I have a set of Polks with the new Audax ring drivers, and they STILL
sound soft, compared to a typical metal dome.

I note Morein that you can't even cite the name of any speakers with metal
dome tweeters.

I have a pair of NHT 2.5i speakers with metal domes and a pair of speakers
based on the Audax ring drivers that I designed myself. They both sound
great, neither sounds soft or harsh. Something about quality of
implementation...

I can't ignore what I hear.

Neither can I.