Arny Krueger

Default Using DJ Amplifiers in Home Theater

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote in message

I think that there is plenty of evidence that Stereophile's magazine
sales are shrinking at a rate that should and probably does greatly
concern Atkinson. I've heard that Atkinson admits it privately. He
might even admit it publicly. Ironically, I don't think his
inadequacies as an editor and reviewer are the sole cause.
Demographics are against him.

I had noticed the drop on their gov't filing page for
circulation.

Is Stereophile Guide to HT also edited by John?

I see evidence that its editor is Thomas Norton.

How's it doing?

You're asking the wrong guy. I don't read it.

The best market information I have suggests that 2-channel audio is
dying pretty rapidly, HT is still rising strongly and probably will
continue to rise as it is closely tied to the switchover to HDTV,
that aftermarket car audio is stagnant but strong, that audio
without available video will languish and eventually die out

That's certainly been my feeling. Why buy a CD partially filled
with poor music when a DVD is cheaper and has more and better
content?

Stated differently - if one is going to sit down and listen, why just listen
when you can also watch something that is relevant to the music?

The 2-channel world needs to drop the unnecessary high bit/high
frequency space hog and at least convert to multichannel
16bit/44kHz.

I'm not a big fan of AC-3 - I'd rather listen to multichannel that hasn't
been perceptually compressed. For example, my portable hard drive player is
loaded with 100% .WAV files even though it cuts its capacity by over 10:1
and cuts battery life by about two due to the extra hard drive activity.

Video is definitely a plus.