Robert Morein

Default QSC=JUNK

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message
The QSC is a piece of junk. It's a watt-pumper, and I advise

anyone who
thinks he has taste to give it a wide berth.

Please elaborate on why YOU think this is the case. It's
certainly not the opinion of the rest of the audio world.

Based upon your use of "YOU" above, I will carefully label my response:

PERSONAL OPINION:
The QSC is a piece of junk.

WHY:
Amplifier had many of the sonic attributes of older, cold running bipolar
units.

CONJECTU
The QSC runs low bias current; therefore it uses precision biasing to
eliminate crossover distortion. Some schemes are more successful than
others. I do not believe the QSC to be the best in this category. As a
group, I find such amplifiers to be be less than the best.

REASON FOR VARIANCE OF OPINION
We're all sensitive to different things. The QSC is a great bass amp, and
capable of high volume levels. Fortunately, I have amplifiers that can do
these things, and sound good TO ME as well.