Rusty Boudreaux

Default Using DJ Amplifiers in Home Theater

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote in message

"Powell" wrote in message

Given the rather conspicuous reliable evidence
that I've got considerable empirical experience
with these and many other amps, one is tempted to ask
what the heck are you ranting about, Powell?

Rubbish. Talking about amps is not experience.
We all know you've not subscribed to any audio
magazines in the last 20 years... so you're not
even well read on the subject.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day for suggesting

that
magazines will keep you "well read".

I like the juxtapositioning of a true statement:

"Talking about amps is not experience."

With his apparent claim that reading about amps would somehow

mitigate this
problem.

Reading between the lines Powell is very proud that he reads

about
amplifiers, LOTS!

My wife reads murder-mysteries. I'm surprised the FBI hasn't
called for her help yet.

What Powell is missing is the obvious connection between the

data on my web
sites and intimate and continuing contact with the amplifiers

that it is
attributed to. Amps tend to have technical and in some sense

audible
signatures. It can be possible to falsify a claim that detailed

technical
data came from a certain amplifier. I wouldn't risk that.

Agreed.

By the time a review is published the product is
usually darn near obsolete. I can't remember how many years

it's
been since I read something first in an audio mag.

Ever since you started surfing the web?

Yeah, pretty much.

I think that there is plenty of evidence that Stereophile's

magazine sales
are shrinking at a rate that should and probably does greatly

concern
Atkinson. I've heard that Atkinson admits it privately. He

might even admit
it publicly. Ironically, I don't think his inadequacies as an

editor and
reviewer are the sole cause. Demographics are against him.

I had noticed the drop on their gov't filing page for
circulation.

Is Stereophile Guide to HT also edited by John? How's it doing?

The best market information I have suggests that 2-channel

audio is dying
pretty rapidly, HT is still rising strongly and probably will

continue to
rise as it is closely tied to the switchover to HDTV, that

aftermarket car
audio is stagnant but strong, that audio without available

video will
languish and eventually die out

That's certainly been my feeling. Why buy a CD partially filled
with poor music when a DVD is cheaper and has more and better
content?

The 2-channel world needs to drop the unnecessary high bit/high
frequency space hog and at least convert to multichannel
16bit/44kHz. Video is definitely a plus.